The basic principles of the MRI technique.
MRI Technique - Introduction
Read all about the basic things you need to know concerning MRI technique. This difficult subject is presented in an understandable and accessible way. Special attention is given to the possibilities/restrictions and commonly used nomenclature.
Some of the key topics are MRI sequences, T1, T2, signal intensity and diffusion weighted image.
- Magnetisation, excitation, relaxation
- MRI sequences (for example T1, T2, gradient)
- Fat suppression
- Signal intensities
- MRI contrast media
- Diffusion weighted image
MRI technology is very complex and many books have been written about it. It is therefore impossible to discuss everything in detail.
This course focuses on practical MRI information. The first part will briefly address the underlying technology. Then some commonly used terms and MRI tests will be reviewed.
The course concludes with a table outlining the reviewed MRI sequences.
Learn everything about MRI Technique
Text & Illustrations
drs. A. van der Plas, MSK radiologist Maastricht UMC+
- C. Westbrook et al; MRI in Practice. 2011
- R. Bitar et al; MR Pulse Sequences: What Every Radiologist Wants to Know but Is Afraid to Ask. Radiographics 2006.
- G.B. Chavhan et al; Diffusion-weighted Imaging in Pediatric Body MR Imaging: Principles, Technique, and Emerging Applications. Radiographics 2014.
- E.J. Blink; MRI principes. 2004
(All the work (text, illustrations, visual elements) seen on this website is copyright by Radiology Expert.
It may not be used without written permission of Radiology Expert).